Responsibilities & Online Access
The Magistrate Court is responsible for the following of civil actions.
The Magistrate Court is now providing online access to civil cases through the Walton Magistrate website. This will allow for viewing of the actual documents filed in with the Court, including, case filings, service of summons and answers. Please access this website for information that may assist you in your case.
This court also handles:
- Abandoned Motor Vehicle Actions
- Personal Property Foreclosure
- Traverse actions
Disregard any notations involving (MAG-) in FAQs. Those references are for input purposes only. Information contained in FAQs are based upon Georgia Law and Statute and Procedure for the Magistrate Court.
Civil Case Descriptions
|Small Claims||Claims filed with monetary limit of $15,000|
|Dispossessory Actions||Actions filed by a landlord to collect unpaid rent and / or possession of property|
|Hearings||Hearings scheduled for small claims and dispossessory actions.|
- Civil Judgment and Post Judgment Procedures (PDF)
- Civil Jurisdiction Questions (PDF)
- Civil Law Suits (PDF)
- Civil Preparation Information (PDF)
- Dispossessory Questions (PDF)
- Garnishment Questions (PDF)
- Instructions for filing a Civil Suit (Small Claims) (PDF)
- Instructions for filing a Dispossessory Action (PDF)
Abandoned Motor Vehicle Information and Forms
- AMV PetitionForLeinForecloserMAG40-01
- AMV MotionforForeclosureMAG40-11
- AMV AnswerFormMAG40-02